Salary Range: $11-$12/hour
Responsible for cooking and plating all food orders in an efficient, healthful, and attractive manner. The preparation and presentation of the food leaves a lasting impression on each guest. It is essential that each item served is at the correct temperature and presented in a pleasing and appetizing manner.
- Valid Health Card must be on your person at all times during your shift
- Always conduct yourself in a manner that reflects a positive, professional image.
- Must maintain a high standard of personal grooming and follow the UNIFORM GUIDELINES per your position and company philosophies.
- Display and encourage teamwork in the department.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the company.
- All Team Members must follow SPEC guidelines and standard recipes.
- Keep managers informed of any hazardous conditions or defective equipment
- Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, fellow Team Members and Management in
- English both in written and verbal form.
- Must adhere to all company and department practices, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including all shifts, weekends, holidays, and special events as needed.
- Must be able to take constructive criticism and be willing to always improve.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and maturity in his/her decision-making ability, even when dealing with difficult situations.
- Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit’s appearance and operating standards.
- Minimum one (1) to two (2) years culinary experience in related fields preferred.
- Must possess the ability to work hands-on in the kitchen environment pertaining to a three-meal period and high volume production related to but not limited to frying, griddling, sautéing, carving and steaming of all meats, fish, eggs, vegetables and poultry for guest services according to company standards and specifications.
Safety / Sanitation / HACCP / OSHA Guidelines:
- Must be able to demonstrate and ensure that the department is within HACCP guidelines.
- Must ensure and comply with a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Have knowledge of where your MSDS booklet is located for your department and understand its contents.
- Display knowledge of all safety emergency procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and the Department of Health.
The physical qualifications listed are general requirements for the position. The actual exertion levels and frequency of the user can and does depend on the individual task being performed.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation
- Requires the physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walk frequently, bend or reach to a height of 6 feet
- Requires normal, corrected vision range and absence of color blindness. Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols.
- Requires eye/hand coordination. Requires normal sense of smell, taste, touch and sound.
- regular and predictable attendance.
Work is typically in an area that may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, smoky, indoor service. Tasks are performed from an upright position. Team Members will be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, and grasp as well as navigate through wet slippery surfaces safely. These tasks include the maintenance, care, and cleanliness of an assigned area. Team Members will be in constant contact with management, staff, and guests.